Scholarship Deadline is April 1
The Food and Drug Industry Education Foundation assists individuals in advancing their knowledge and skills through three programs.
- The "Professional Scholar" program is available to individuals who are actively employed by a member company of AFMA, and have committed to a career in the Arizona Food Industry, and are attending school full-time.
- The "Dependant Scholar" program is available to dependants of individual(s) actively employed by a member company of AFMA, and provides assistance for the education of individuals who have provided evidence of having the intelligence, aptitude and self-discipline necessary to be successful at the college or university level.
- The "Retail Management Scholarship" is available to individuals who are enrolling in classes to complete their Retail Management Certificate at approved community colleges. This scholarship is available to individuals who are actively employed by a Member company of AFMA and have one or more years of industry experience. To learn more about the certificate and find an approved community college, go to www.retailmanagementcertificate.com
- "Tuition Reimbursement" is available to individual(s) who are actively employed by a member company of AFMA. Store clerks, Cashiers, Stockers, Bookkeepers, Courtesy Clerks, Marketing Directors, Sales Reps, Brand Field Merchandisers, and Production Managers just to name a few, have all benefited from this great opportunity.
- For more information about a Retail Management Certificate Scholarship or Tuition Reimbursement, download thisflyer.
Arizona State University FIM Program
The Western Association of Food Chains is pleased to announce the new WAFC Retail Management Certificate Program, a 10-course college-level program that has been fully endorsed by the Western Association of Food Chains and its member companies. The certificate’s curriculum was developed out of a collaborative effort between several food industry and college professionals and encompasses several business essentials, including the "soft skills" of management and communication required for career success in the retail food industry.
A list of participating Arizona colleges may be found at WAFC.